Michael G. Burnett practices complex securities litigation at the Firm, where he consults with institutional clients on corporate fraud in the securities markets as well as corporate governance issues.
In addition to his work with the Firm, Mr. Burnett has specialized in intellectual property and related law.
Mr. Burnett and his family share a special bond with Creighton University. He played collegiate golf on the Creighton Division 1 golf team, his wife Mary and three of his children are graduates of Creighton, and two are currently attending the University. Two dogs (Tyson and Luna) round out the rest of the family.
- In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litig., No. 13-cv-7789 (S.D.N.Y.)
($2.3 billion settlement)
- Alaska Electrical Pension Fund v. Bank of America Corporation, No. 14-cv-7126 (S.D.N.Y.) ($504.5 million settlement)
- In re GSE Bonds Antitrust Litig., No. 1:19-cv-01704 (S.D.N.Y.) ($386.5 million settlement)
- Rubenstein v. Oilsands Quest Inc., No. 11-cv-288 (S.D.N.Y.) ($10.2 million settlement)
- Union Asset Management Holding AG v. SanDisk LLC, No. 3:15-cv-01455-VC (N.D. Cal.) ($50 million settlement)
- Putman Bank v. Intercontinental Exchange, Inc., No. 1:19-cv-00439 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Dahl v. Bain Capital Partners, No. 07-cv-12388 (D. Mass.) ($590.5 million settlement)